again posting after long.
My mental dump on is Aamir's midas touch really working on tv?
- is he trying to play a journalist? he's being dramatic, no? esp when he suddenly abandons all emotions and starts summarizing what the next guy spoke. yes, the show is toned down but all the camera-work is about teary-eyed people. cud be better, na?
- the two episodes have brought out hard hitting issues with pure candid, no doubt.
I wonder though (+ many other people) :
: we've been here before too, right? would the cynical urban classes take note, be really moved?
: the marketing is powerful, right from webpage to sms to fb to talk to aamir to the theme takeaway song.
but, really, how do you make it stay? like others, tweeting on fb? (aside: IAC fb presence has disappeared now)
: so, I really can't judge/predict the impact this may have. but my intuition clearly dwells on the cynical side.
- The second episode (child abuse) was a smash - new observers would be no less than shocked. I hope the trend continues, at least in terms of candid, insightful presentation and selection of topics.
- I was wondering last Sunday, but now I'm convinced he's ahead of similar shows - gets very expressive victims to talk, a detailed complete overview of the topic, builds emotions nicely, shelling out so-called-taboo stuff is mainstream now - few crib about it - he uses that to his advantage. Some of this may pre-exist in other shows, but then the combo of aamir+thorough presentation is unique.
- But, woefully, the insight/reason to make it last forever is lacking. Oh, where is that one idea sirji?
PS: here is the trail from a year before (and the many years before).
My mental dump on is Aamir's midas touch really working on tv?
- is he trying to play a journalist? he's being dramatic, no? esp when he suddenly abandons all emotions and starts summarizing what the next guy spoke. yes, the show is toned down but all the camera-work is about teary-eyed people. cud be better, na?
- the two episodes have brought out hard hitting issues with pure candid, no doubt.
I wonder though (+ many other people) :
: we've been here before too, right? would the cynical urban classes take note, be really moved?
: the marketing is powerful, right from webpage to sms to fb to talk to aamir to the theme takeaway song.
but, really, how do you make it stay? like others, tweeting on fb? (aside: IAC fb presence has disappeared now)
: so, I really can't judge/predict the impact this may have. but my intuition clearly dwells on the cynical side.
- The second episode (child abuse) was a smash - new observers would be no less than shocked. I hope the trend continues, at least in terms of candid, insightful presentation and selection of topics.
- I was wondering last Sunday, but now I'm convinced he's ahead of similar shows - gets very expressive victims to talk, a detailed complete overview of the topic, builds emotions nicely, shelling out so-called-taboo stuff is mainstream now - few crib about it - he uses that to his advantage. Some of this may pre-exist in other shows, but then the combo of aamir+thorough presentation is unique.
- But, woefully, the insight/reason to make it last forever is lacking. Oh, where is that one idea sirji?
PS: here is the trail from a year before (and the many years before).
No comments:
Post a Comment